|Shaved Asparagus, Blackberry and Seared Duck Breast Salad |
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 6 mins
Total time: 26 mins
For the Salad:
- 3 duck breasts or could substitute 3 fully cooked chicken breasts and just skip the first step
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 cup blackberries
- optional shaved kerry gold Ivernia or parmesan cheese for garnishing
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic grated
- Heat ghee in a medium pan over medium high heat and place duck breasts in pan skin side down if they have skin and let cook for 3 minutes. Flip duck breasts and let cook for addition 2-3 minutes and pull out of the pan and place to the side and allow them to rest.
- While your duck breasts are resting assemble your dressing by combining extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard and grated garlic and whisk well until fully incorporated.
- With a vegetable peeler delicately shave the asparagus lengthwise to create ribbons. Place shaved asparagus in a medium sized bowl along with blackberries and toss with vinaigrette and salt and pepper to taste.
- Now that your duck breasts have rested slice them and place them atop each divvied up salad and garnish with optional cheese.
The duck breast I used was already sliced, don't worry about this just sear your whole duck breasts as normal if using duck breast.
Recipe by Slim Palate at https://slimpalate.com/shaved-asparagus-blackberry-and-seared-duck-breast-salad/