|Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups with Smoked Sea Salt (Paleo, Refined Sugar free) |
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 7-8 ounces high quality dark chocolate (70 percent or higher) or unsweetened baking chocolate sweetened with 5 packets of stevia
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 packet additive free stevia or 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2½ teaspoons arrowroot powder
- smoked sea salt for sprinkling (I tested with hickory smoked sea salt and alderwood smoked sea salt and preferred the hickory smoked)
- Line a mini muffin tin with mini muffin cups.
- In a small bowl add almond butter, honey or stevia, coconut flour and arrowroot powder and stir until well combined and place to the side.
- Chop or break the chocolate into pieces and melt it in a double boiler or place it in a bowl and microwave at 10 second intervals stirring in between each interval until melted.
- Once melted drizzle about a teaspoon or so of melted chocolate into mini muffin cups then carefully and slowly rotate the cups to line the sides with the melted chocolate but not all the way to the top.
- Once all of the mini muffin cups are filled and lined spoon in 2 teaspoons to a tablespoon of almond butter mixture into each chocolate filled and lined cup. (If you used honey the mixture might be thick enough for you to be able to roll it into balls, if it is then simply roll the mixture into balls and place the balls into the mini muffin cups and slightly press down a little)
- Drizzle melted chocolate over almond butter filled molds with just enough chocolate to cover completely.
- Sprinkle smoked sea salt over each finished chocolate and place in the fridge until hard. (at least 20 minutes)
Recipe by Slim Palate at https://slimpalate.com/dark-chocolate-almond-butter-cups-with-smoked-sea-salt-paleo-refined-sugar-free/