|Salmon Curry (Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free) |
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 1½ lb salmon filet skinned and cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 medium onion
- 2 roma tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee (I used this incredible ghee)
Curry Spice Mix:
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl mix spices from spice mixture and place on the side
- Cut onion into fourths and place in a food processor with garlic and ginger and pulse until you get a paste.
- Heat coconut oil or ghee in a medium sized pan over medium heat and add onion, garlic and ginger paste and saute until slightly transluscent.
- Add spice mixture to the paste and mix to prevent burning. Saute for 2 minutes or until mixture begins to become very fragrant.
- Deglaze the pan with chicken stock scraping the bottom of the pan to release any stuck bits then add fish sauce, lime juice from 1 lime, almond butter and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering add cubed salmon and lower heat to low heat, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork.
- Serve with sauce and chopped fresh cilantro on top.
Recipe by Slim Palate at https://slimpalate.com/salmon-curry-paleo-grain-free-gluten-free/