|Chocolate Chip Cookies (Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar free) |
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup pecans whole or halves
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter softened, ghee softened or melted coconut oil (I use kerrygolds salted butter because it's amazing)
- ½ teaspoon liquid stevia or ¼ cup honey (if using honey add about ¼ cup of almond flour if the cookie dough not thick enough. It should hold to the spoon quite well)
- 4 oz dark chocolate (70 percent or higher) or 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate mixed with powdered stevia(If you want to do the baking chocolate sweetened with stevia then simply melt it in the microwave at 10 second intervals mixing in between intervals until completely melted, then add 3-4 packets of stevia while mixing, once thoroughly incorporated pour it into a square container about the size of the chocolate bar or two small containers and refrigerate until hard, once hard use them as explained)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl add almond flour and baking soda and incorporate with a dry fork.
- Place pecans in a food processor and pulse until you get a very fine flour or begin to get a nut butter and place to the side. (You want the consistency as smooth and fine as you can get it without making it into a complete nut butter)
- Chop dark chocolate or your makeshift stevia sweetened dark chocolate into bits about the size of chocolate chips and place them in a mesh strainer and shake them around to remove all of the chocolate "dust" left from chopping them. (the removal of the chocolate dust is optional it just leaves you with a cleaner looking cookie)
- In your bowl of mixed almond flour and baking soda add the finely ground pecans and chopped chocolate.
- In a small bowl add egg, vanilla extract, liquid stevia and your choice of softened butter or ghee or melted coconut oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until thoroughly incorporated and well combined.
- Spoon cookie dough evenly as drops a little over a tablespoon in size onto parchment lined baking sheet
- Place in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until they are slightly firm to the touch or begin to brown around the edges.
- Once finished carefully place on a wire rack and let cool for at least 10 minutes. (if you can wait that long)
Recipe by Slim Palate at https://slimpalate.com/chocolate-chip-cookies-paleo-grain-free-gluten-free-refined-sugar-free/