At my local CrossFit gym I pulled my bar off the rack preparing for my next rep sequence of jerks until I hear Chris; one of the trainers, call my name from the distance. Thinking it was urgent I re-racked the bar and turned around and he immediately says “have you ever tried dark chocolate with sea salt?”. The cool thing is that he is totally into the healthy eating and Paleo scene but I was slightly stunned by the question because I’m all about chocolate with crunchy sea salt on top, but he didn’t know that so I’ll let him off this time.
Archive | September, 2013
I really like romaine despite the fact that it’s not really the most nutrient dense. I like it more for the sheer pleasure of it’s utter crunchiness and refreshing slight sweetness. A lot of the time I’ll chop it up and just toss it with other veggies and mixed greens but that gets old very quickly. I think that’s what keeps me going when creating recipes. Once I get tired of something I will go to the ends of the earth to find something else. I rarely make things consecutively for several weeks in a row, I just can’t handle it.
1. I find it really annoying when people approach me for nutritional information or advice and then shun my advice because they didn’t want to hear that they had to give up “x” item. (Did you expect it to be as easy as popping a pill or something?)
2. I die a little bit inside when someone tells me they love to cook and then proceed to tell me their favorite thing to cook is pasta.
3. I really, really don’t like kale. I’ve tried it 3 times and still haven’t found it very appealing. I’m going to keep trying because I believe that I may just be cooking it wrong due to the fact that I pretty much like every vegetable in some way.
4. My math skills are absolutely down the drain, seriously, sometimes I have to think about some of the easy ones.
5. I eat white potatoes and white rice every once in a while. (Kaboom….Did you hear that? It was the sound of the Paleo police breaking down my door.) Oh yeah and I really like grassfed cheese, butter, heavy cream and yogurt. Whoops.
6. I get sick to my stomach whenever I see company advertisements for “healthy low fat products” when you know that they are clearly unhealthy. It’s like if you know someone is lying to your face but you can’t do anything . Go be unmotivating and tasteless somewhere else like a cave or something. (Caveman pun not intended)
7. I am literally best friends with my local farmers from Yonder Way Farm. They’re family to me, Jason (the man behind the animals) and I text all the time about certain cuts of meat, why people need to get into certain cuts, things that are wrong with the food industry and etc. It’s glorious.
8. Sometimes my mouth isn’t as clean as it should be and I’m not talking about dental hygiene.
9. I haven’t cut myself with a knife while cooking in an extremely long time but I burn myself on a daily basis. (Is that hot, I guess I should check with my bare hand because that’s completely logical?)
10. I haven’t played a single video game in almost a year and don’t really have time for them anymore but sometimes reminisce of the good ol video game times I had with my friends. (Although everyone seems to gravitating away from them now, or most of them at least.)
Subscribe By Email
- Slim Palate on Banana Bread (Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free)
- Hilary on Chewy Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies With Sea Salt
- Maryanne on Banana Bread (Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free)
- gluten-free sea salt dark chocolate chunk cookies | coffee & insulin on Chewy Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies With Sea Salt
- Macy on Homemade Chocolate Milk